We are Currently seeking a A multi-disciplined Building Surveyor / Engineer to investigate and report on construction defects in new homes construction.
This role is fundamental in delivering industry leading surveying services to internal and external clients managing latent defect insurance claims. The role provides a vast variation of work, including the opportunity to investigate building defects and determine compliance with Building Regulations and our own warranty technical standards.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
• You will be required to demonstrate experience and have a proven track record in the following areas:
o Knowledge of new homes construction and Building Regulations.
o Attending site and undertaking building surveys and site inspections.
o Chairing meetings with parties in dispute regarding technical issues.
o Defect diagnosis and intrusive opening up of buildings to identify causation.
o Preparing written reports to a high standard.
• Experience in preparation of remedial schedules of works. Contract Administration duties on larger remedial schemes and supervision of contractors on site; or a desire to develop this area if stronger in other areas.
• To provide technical support and technical investigation / analysis to internal departments. Inspection of newly built properties and undertake reports and desktop reviews to determine the defect and compliance to technical standards.
• Provide succinct accurate advice and reports on the technical cause of claims by reviewing third party reports or attending site to draw your own technical conclusions.
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably required of a Building Surveyor / Engineer.
Experience / Skills
• Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MBEng, MIStructE, CIOB, CABE or similar).
• Post qualification experience.
• Good technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
• Excellent communications and report writing skills.
• Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
• Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a cross-functional team.
• Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with interaction of the public.
• The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
• Good IT Skills.
• Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
• Ability to motivate self and influence others.
• Experience of Relationship Management.
• Flexible in personal approach.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Full training will be provided (if needed) on the insurance specific section of the role.
Although from the outside looking in we might look like just another insurance company, we want to show you why Premier Guarantee is such a great place to work. As well as offering you a rewarding career, we also provide a range of market leading employee benefits that extend to outside your working life.
With our Wirral HQ and hub offices nationwide, we have opportunities right across the UK.