We are currently seeking a Risk Management Surveyor/Senior Risk Management Surveyor to carry out site inspections on residential developments for a variety of clients. The primary aim of this role is to work collaboratively with our customers to provide a structural warranty once developments are complete.
The role will require you to develop excellent customer relationships to manage risk on site from planning to completion stage. Site visits will be routinely scheduled and documented on internal systems, so planning and organisation skills are essential to this role.
The Risk Management Surveyor will have an understanding of our technical manual and current building regulations and will share this knowledge with customers in order to educate, assist in the build of quality developments and to resolve defects.
This is a home based role but the Risk Management Surveyor will spend the vast majority of their time completing site visits. Sites will be allocated on a regional basis therefore you must be willing to travel and have a Full UK Driving licence.
MD Group is committed to Equality and Diversity and treat all job applicants fairly.
• Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
• Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
• Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
• Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
• Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
• Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
• Part / Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / ACABE/ ICWCI. It would be beneficial and recommended that the candidate be working towards Full time membership for this role.
• Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience. Extensive experience of deferring construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution issues.
• In depth technical knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations and associated legislation. UK NI/Scotland/Wales
• A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
• Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
• Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
• Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
• The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
• Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
• Ability to motivate self and influence others.
• Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
• Flexible in personal approach.
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
• Full Driving Licence for use in the UK.
• Ability to fulfil the mobility requirements of the RMS role, including (but not limited to) the ability to;
o move around a site
o climb ladders
o work at height
o drive reasonable distances
• Proficient in English communications (written and oral).
Although from the outside looking in we might look like just another insurance company, we want to show you why Premier Guarantee is such a great place to work. As well as offering you a rewarding career, we also provide a range of market leading employee benefits that extend to outside your working life.
With our Wirral HQ and hub offices nationwide, we have opportunities right across the UK.