To support the Technical Standards Manager in developing technical standards, develop Premier Guarantee and LABC Warranty Technical Manuals. To provide guidance to the surveyors through technical referrals and to build commercial relationships with customers.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
To research and provide updates on key changes within the industry and legislation to develop in our guidance, to ensure the technical manual is up to date and relevant.
To review past and current ‘Claims reports’ and identify any shortfalls or further guidance required in the Technical manual to assist in reducing the potential of future claims.
To investigate new standards emerging to ensure early understanding of risk and potential involvement with the BSI, BBA and BDA.
To provide guidance for the technical referral process.
To give feedback to MDWIS, MDWSS and QGU identifying referral trends and opportunities for improvement.
Creating and developing knowledge management articles to support the functional requirements of the technical manual.
To create warranty checklists for surveyor and customer use that are pragmatic and easy to use.
To provide material on technical standards for both internal and external presentations. (By self or others) as requested.
Provide technical analysis of competitor’s activity.
Page 2 of 2
Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS,MCIOB, MBEng, MIStructE, or similar).
- Previous proven experience at producing data analysis.
- Relevant post qualification experience.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires an understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Although from the outside looking in we might look like just another insurance company, we want to show you why Premier Guarantee is such a great place to work. As well as offering you a rewarding career, we also provide a range of market leading employee benefits that extend to outside your working life.
With our Wirral HQ and hub offices nationwide, we have opportunities right across the UK.