What is a Self-Build Warranty?
Unlike an Architect's Certificate or Professional Consultants Certificate, a Self-Build Structural Warranty is an insurance policy, providing you with 10 years cover in the event of damage caused by a structural defect in your property.
What type of development requires a Self-Build Warranty?
Our Self Build Warranty has been designed for individuals building their own homes. To be eligible for this scheme, you must be planning to live in the property for a minimum of one year following completion. If you are going to live in the property for less than this, please apply for our New Home Warranty.
Why choose our cover?
Service benefits during construction:
- Technical support for you and your contractors to ensure you reach top building standards
- Quality driven inspections from your local surveyor, with a minimum of five inspections during the following construction stages: Foundations, Superstructure, Roof pre felt and batten, Pre plaster, Completion
- Product and systems approval process for new, innovative construction methods
Benefits of cover include:
- Cover by ‘A’ rated insurers
- 10 year cover against structural defects after build completion
- Alternative accommodation, additional costs, professionals fees, removal of debris
See Warranty Overview for more information.
Get your Quote Indication
To receive your quote indication, please fill out our form and we will get back to you shortly. Alternatively, our friendly team are ready to answer your call on 0800 107 8446.
*Insurance Mediation and Distribution Directive Update